When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this bike? Schwinn? Confirmed!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@locomotion

The top, parallel frame tubes
do appear to be the same o.d.

Not cornvinced that chainring
is associated with Schwinn.

Could be it was changed-out at
some time.

Headtubes of that era were some-
what consistent in height even when
from different manufacturers. Thus ..
the mystery-fork that appears to fit.

See foto for more ........

..... patric

20181003_111917  LOCOMOTION.jpg

Last edited:
Is this the chain ring that's on your bike? Hard to tell from my chair since there isn't a good shot of it. Looks darn close to me but all your shots are on an angle.

Elgin

20130524dscn5274-1-jpg.jpg

Larger frames

20180319_212115-jpg.jpg

image-jpeg.jpg

These relics are never easy to ID because who really knows who changed what over its' long abused life. Both of the Elgins above have a different attachment design of the lower top tube to the head/down tube if you look closely. Can you take better pics of the seat-stays? Also a sideways pic to see the head/seat angles? This could help determine if Schwinn.

Max if you want to sell the badge I would be interested in it.

I will wait to confirm the identity of this bike first, if it's not a Schwinn, I will have no use for the badge Tom. I will let you know first.
Do you have a bike for it? or is it for a badge collection?
Can you please shere a picture of your bike? Might help prove or disprove the identity of the bike.
thanks
Max

1924 Schwinn I use to own. Pull the crank. Good chance it is marked with at least the year.
DSC_0975.JPG

i have tried every Elgin badges that I could find, and none of them fit
but all the Schwinn badges that I tried, the badge holes match!
I am lost ..... so I am putting the bike for sale in the For Sale section

I found a link to this thread from another in the for sale forum; (and sometimes I do not even see threads in this forum).

The chain ring sprocket looks peculiar. It is generally stamped like an Emblem Angola sprocket with only 3 squares, (not 4 like an Excelsior-Elgin); but the hole for the drive pin hole is not offset like on many Emblems; (yet the extra material is there).

So, the sprocket looks like a 3rd version, in addition to the 2 (Emblem & Excelsior-Elgin) shown on the chain ring sprocket thread (page ~8?), I believe in the restoration tips forum.

I have also seen other Emblem-profiled chain ring sprockets of different design patterns that also had the extra material for a 2” wide offset for the drive pin, but the drive pin holes were cut like a more typical chain ring sprocket.

Last edited:
Back