When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is this bike? Thanks

-

bike

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
In Memoriam
full%20bike1.jpg

I have no idea, but I like it!
Is that a carrier on the front, or a perch for a small clown?

It's superficially similar to the 'stoker' section of an Italian "Bi Bici" tandem,
but very different.
untitled.png
ffd195d96c846907883728f4544482fb_orig.jpg

Are there any markings on the transmission, cranks, pedals, seat, etc. etc.?
Does have a sort of Italian look.

No markings- think a package carrier on the front=worlds weirdest cycle truck

No markings- think a package carrier on the front=worlds weirdest cycle truck
Weird it certainly is!
Would it be at all possible to see any more photos; frame lugs/junction points, rear hub and the whole transmission shebang?
Is it collapsible? It looks like some of the frame tubes are removable, but difficult to see any details on that photo.

This is the only photo I have unfortunately bike is about 250 miles from me trying to see if I can it before going further- looks foreign to me but unsure- will try to get more pix

This is the only photo I have unfortunately bike is about 250 miles from me trying to see if I can it before going further- looks foreign to me but unsure- will try to get more pix
ok @bike, keep us posted.
I agree that it definitely looks European, at least it gives that vibe. The whole pressed steel (or it could be cast aluminium) sort of chainstay section reminds me of early motor scooters from Italy or France, the stem also.
Bars look American to me, but again hard to see.
Good luck.

The center of gravity looks off, like it would be hard to avoid wheelies. It's hard to imagine it was manufactured like that. It looks like a homemade job, maybe a clown bike? I can picture a gag where a second clown is riding on the front, jumps off, and the other one goes flying backwards or continues riding doing a wheelie.

I agree with Brian above. Center of gravity would lend itself to being ridden mainly on the rear wheel as a Unicycle mostly , as a wheelie machine- but leaning forward would put you on the front of two wheels. I think this is some kind of Clown vehicle- Interesting... I `m too old to ride one though....-------Cowboy

Back