When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this bike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TheFizzer

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This is for sale local but curious if anyone has any information on it? He say's it's a "Buffy" from the 1920's. Any idea of value?

00A0A_6SZ8torCuA4_1200x900.jpg

00T0T_bejYre4WiNf_1200x900.jpg

00808_8hBGCJasYBM_1200x900.jpg

Hi,

The '1925' is a French bicycle license tag for 1925 like this:

https://i.etsystatic.com/15558904/d/il/72e85e/1817864920/il_340x270.1817864920_j22q.jpg?version=0

These were renewed annually, so, if original, suggests a 1925 or earlier date.

I can't quite read the rest of the tag, but it looks like a name and address? If it's a French address, I would suggest 'Buffy' is actually 'Buffet', which is how it's pronounced in french.

Can't help more, except if there is a French name/address, let me know, and I'll see if that helps.

Best Regards,

Adrian

I have seen bikes like these that were produced in the 1970s. Hard to tell on this one.

Hi,

The '1925' is a French bicycle license tag for 1925 like this:

https://i.etsystatic.com/15558904/d/il/72e85e/1817864920/il_340x270.1817864920_j22q.jpg?version=0

These were renewed annually, so, if original, suggests a 1925 or earlier date.

I can't quite read the rest of the tag, but it looks like a name and address? If it's a French address, I would suggest 'Buffy' is actually 'Buffet', which is how it's pronounced in french.

Can't help more, except if there is a French name/address, let me know, and I'll see if that helps.

Best Regards,

Adrian
Adrian, @Mercian, is right re. the 'plaque fiscal', annually changing the insert for that years 'tax' was what happened.
They often have the then owners name and address stamped on. I know people who have been able to trace their machines early history using these.
Definitely looks very 1920's to me,; that childs seat is a gorgeous little period accessory.
The seats may have manufacturers names/model numbers on them also.
Looks very complete and very original.
A really nice find!!!

Back