When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this CWC bike? 3 gill? 4 gill?

-

ratina

Wore out three sets of tires already!
G serial number makes it a 1940 if I recall. Just wondering if there's anyway to tell what model it was as it sits. Fenders are chrome under the pAint and have holes for a dropstand clip. I added the wheels to roll it around.

IMG_1789.JPG

Not a Four Gill. The Four Gill has a tall head tube--the same size as the girls model to accommodate the tank. Too much missing here to accurately determine what model it started as. V/r Shawn

I agree with Shawn, to much missing on this bike to determine the model. I note that the rear fender and front fender have mismatched braces and the fork looks wrong as well.

Could have started life as a three gill or a tank less plain wrap.

Thanks for the responses, going to build this one up custom then.

The rear fender braces have been replaced. The fork looks CWC to me, is it newer than the frame?

Thanks for the responses, going to build this one up custom then.
The rear fender braces have been replaced. The fork looks CWC to me, is it newer than the frame?

Those CWC Bikes are Hard to ID; Same Bikes with Multiple Badges and Multiple Years (Pre/Post War!!!:(confused:
Good Luck!

Missing/wrong equipment and paint re-spray is the only thing that makes it hard to i.d what particular model this CWC bike started life as.

Serial number and frame characteristics could pin point the actual year regardless of the badge.

It appears the frame was stripped to bare metal before re paint. I'll have to check bb and steer tube for og color. I was hoping the chrome fenders would be an indicator as I have never seen this style chrome before.

Interesting that the bike has the square bottom rear fender and pointed bottom front fender like mine

Yours is a prewar, the CromeMaster with the square bottom rear fender is a postwar bike, but the ChromeMaster was optional from the beginning, from 1936 or so.

Back