When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this frame style called?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kwoodyh

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Looks like a cantilever except the two tubes don't have as much arch? The top tube has the Schwinn stencil so I don't think it came with a tank.
bcfb83b8ce349ea308e0a2aba5ddd2c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: REC
Also found a ladies Suburban and a Schwinn 10 speed (men's) from the early mid 70's it has a Chicago Schwinn HB and a fresh repaint in orange circa 1979 he said! The guy I bought it from said he was the 2d owner and he rode it all through high school graduating in 1980, it had been "stored in a barn" since 83.

I had one of these frames with a Straight Bar Tank on it and a winged chain guard and rack- probably the last year made...---Cowboy
Sorry, sold the tank...

I had one of these frames with a Straight Bar Tank on it and a winged chain guard and rack- probably the last year made...---Cowboy
Sorry, sold the tank...

No problem I've been pitching the unnecessary weight since about 1971.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Tornado was the first design, revised in mid 1961 to the continuous bar style. There are plenty of mid-late '61 Tornados, Skippers, and Flying Stars with the later frame in existence. The Typhoon replaced all those models for '62, though catalogs do show some canti frame Skippers.

They call the frame double straight bar or twin straight bar. Several years the bars ended at the seat post, the bars were continuous to the seat stay only one year (last year). I have a couple, my favorite post war Schwinn frame. Frame was mostly used on the lower end Schwinns.

Back