When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this old bike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dubliner37

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I am new to The Cabe, and new to the whole vintage bicycle thing. I just purchased three old bicycles, a Sheldy Western flyer, a Roadmaster cycle truck and this bike which I have no idea what it is. The only markings I can find are Schwinn tubular s2 wheels, a Schwinn frond hub, New departure model D rear. The head stock babge is missing but it looks like it had three screws, one cat the bottom and two offset on either side. No serial number that I could find. Here some photos. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Barry

IMG_20180918_181825.jpg

IMG_20180918_181855.jpg

IMG_20180918_181910.jpg

IMG_20180918_183153.jpg

IMG_20180918_183214.jpg

IMG_20180913_084245.jpg

The bike probably had 28" wheels originally. Check the seat tube or head tube for a serial # they were built in Fitchburg, MA
Is it a worthwhile bike? I paid next to nothing for it, it has a bit of cancer on the rear fork. Handle bars do not look original either. I bought it for the seat which is now on my Western flyer.

Last edited:
Yep that's the bones of an Iver Johnson. I believe the serial is on the seat tube which should date it. V/r Shawn

Wheels, kickstand, and handlebars aren't right. I hate to say it, but maybe a parts bike Barry. I wish I could help you with the year, but someone will chime in with some help. If the rear of the frame has some rust, it's hard to say man.
Sean

Back