When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this stem from?

-

KingSized HD

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I've seen this handlebar stem around, I just can't remember what brand it is now that I need to know. Could this have been correct original on an unequipped '41-'42 Schwinn DX?
Also, any idea of the correct bike for the truss bars?
Thanks much for your help.
IMG_4322.PNG

I'll say Wald on both pieces. If I'm wrong and someone can correct me, I'll learn something today. :D

The truss rods look like Elgin, I think some Higgins used them as well?
The stem is a Rollfast Swan Deluxe. Seems they've shown up on quite a few orig DX's.

Well, that's pretty definitive, box and all. Thanks much, I knew I could count on CABEers. Great pic too!

That might be a cool fixed thread; Accessories by maker and bike. Like velobase.com (road bikes) but for more vintage bikes.

I've seen this handlebar stem around, I just can't remember what brand it is now that I need to know. Could this have been correct original on an unequipped '41-'42 Schwinn DX?
Also, any idea of the correct bike for the truss bars?
Thanks much for your help.
View attachment 472180
BTW, I've seen several '41 or so DX's with the exact stem. Some say it's not orig, but I'm thinking they came equipped that way.

Back