When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this? Vintage lightweight service/upgrade kits?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Rest of the parts

20210103_155626.jpg

20210103_155645.jpg

Didn't realise that you're in Canada.
Norco mountain bikes have a good reputation over here in the UK too.

Shimano 600 semi-platform pedals are early to late 80s, as is the Laprade(the prod, we called them). I think maybe you have a mix of "take offs" from a shop.----- Items that were part of the bike as sent to the shop but not assembled(or removed) because the purchaser or shop wanted to upgrade. For instance, there is nothing wrong with a Laprade post, but they're ridiculously heavy for an alloy seatpost. The pedals might have come off for a variety of reasons--casual riders can be uncomfortable with the "swing and stab" needed to get your feet into the caged pedal and may prefer a full platform. (in case you don't know, pedals like the 600 are designed to be used with a cleated shoe and are only so comfortable as a platform). Some would have removed them to go to the new LOOK style step-in pedals.

Shimano 600 semi-platform pedals are early to late 80s, as is the Laprade(the prod, we called them). I think maybe you have a mix of "take offs" from a shop.----- Items that were part of the bike as sent to the shop but not assembled(or removed) because the purchaser or shop wanted to upgrade. For instance, there is nothing wrong with a Laprade post, but they're ridiculously heavy for an alloy seatpost. The pedals might have come off for a variety of reasons--casual riders can be uncomfortable with the "swing and stab" needed to get your feet into the caged pedal and may prefer a full platform. (in case you don't know, pedals like the 600 are designed to be used with a cleated shoe and are only so comfortable as a platform). Some would have removed them to go to the new LOOK style step-in pedals.
thanks
but all the items shown were in a sealed cardboard box all packed together and brand new ..... so they can't be "take off" other wise they would not be in the original pedal box, and all sealed. + I have 3 identical kits (actually 1 box was already opened and missing the pedals)
my guess ..... an upgrade kit for a lower level bike? maybe?
would be surprising that it was to de-grade a bike

well, depending on brand, a bike is sent to the dealer as a frame with many of its components in their original boxes to be assembled. In this case "take -off" just means never used. But I see your point about the larger sealed box.

well, depending on brand, a bike is sent to the dealer as a frame with many of its components in their original boxes to be assembled. In this case "take -off" just means never used. But I see your point about the larger sealed box.
any value to these components?
i can see some value in the seats, but can't be too much value in the rest is my guess
i have no use for them except for the seats.
will use them to upgrade some vintage BMX

I would say yes, some value in them--they are in new condition, they are from a time period and were(and are) of good quality. There are plenty of people who collect, ride, or are enthusiasts of 1980s Japanese road bikes and, like other collectors, they want perfect examples. Not huge money, but nothing to sneeze at.

those pedals should have some value. Shimano 600 is popular. I have a set somewhere that were originally on my 1984 Centurion.

I could use those brake cables if there is a full rear brake housing that would go all the way from the lever to the brake. let me know.

Those pedals look to be the PD-6207. Those are nice. Very nice. $50 - $80 a pair, including clips and straps, would be my estimate.

Back