When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@Jenn_talbott , You are not likely to ever figure this mystery out unless you talk to the creator of this Frankenstein bike. This is clearly not a production model but rather home built from pieces someone cobbled together. As others have correctly pointed out it's a 1960's era 26" bike with 24" wheels and someone following the rube goldberg manual for building things added a three speed hub so they could have three speeds and a coaster brake plus hand brakes. Why on earth they would go through this much trouble to build this creation I'm not sure, but it reminds me of some of the cobbling I did in my youth to create a 30 speed bike by combining a three speed hub with a 10 speed bike. Unless you can find the original owner to explain it you will never know the answer to why this was done.

A whole lot of engineering went in to this "machine". AMF star sprocket, Murray frame, Rollfast cranks. The rear chain is skiptooth, the front is standard, I'd like to see how the cogs are set up on the 3 speed hub. It may have been a trike hub. They even went as far to mount a nice aftermarket chain guard. And modified the brake arms to reach the matching 24" wheels, which are older than the 60's bike. I'd keep it like it is for a conversation piece.

Back