When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your favorite part of the Classic and Antique bicycles hobby?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sven

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
There is so many different interest in one hobby. When I was really into model railroading, I was into the modeling aspect of it, like building dioramas , building and weathering, scaled buildings , locomotives and rolling stock . Others were into classifying freight ,meeting time tables to mimic real railroads.

I like the mechanical and refurbishing science part of this hobby , as well as enjoy riding and meeting other people who share the interest.

Its amazing the talent, knowledge and expertise that we have in this group. whether it be a hobby, passion, addiction, whatever you want to call it.

So... What is your favorite part of Classic and Antique bicycles/

I will tell you what is not - the racist and homophobic PMs sent from other Cabers. I’ve gotten them, similar to the one posted the other day on the contentious sale ad. Happy to share with the mods, but they seem to be ok with this type of behavior as long as the perpetrator is “old school” and “goes way back” in the hobby. Shameful.

I will tell you what is not - the racist and homophobic PMs sent from other Cabers. I’ve gotten them, similar to the one posted the other day on the contentious sale ad. Happy to share with the mods, but they seem to be ok with this type of behavior as long as the perpetrator is “old school” and “goes way back” in the hobby. Shameful.
Narc

That is sad.

The simplicity of riding a quality coaster brake equipped bike.

Not being able to back pedal and plotting when to position your pedals for a tight turn, trying to get one more crank in before you have to jam on the brake, hoping that this brake will actually stop me as I go down this hill, warm hub shells, huge skids on old hard junk tires & silent coasting.

No cables, no multi speeds, no finicky adjustments.

I’m staying with the positive as that’s the intent of this thread. :) :) :) :) :)
My favorite parts are the bicycles themselves. The great people I’ve met through The Cabe. The great rides I’ve gone on because of The Cabe. The hunt for the bikes themselves, whether it be garage sales, flea markets or Craigslist. Finally just getting out there and riding a bike is a favorite for me. Happy Holidays everyone!

I'm just staying out of it

Back