When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your favorite part of the Classic and Antique bicycles hobby?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I enjoy the conversations you strike up with complete strangers when out riding. People will say " whats the key for in the forks for ? , does the light work ? is it original ? I had one when I was a kid etc." its fun to explain the history behind whatever bike your on at that moment. I always have the most fun at a bike shows when people try to figure out my Swing Bike.

My favorite part of the hobby? Transforming a crusty o'l mess of a bike into yet another "favorite" bike to ride. And I'm grateful for (most;)) all the people I've met and dealt with along the way in pursuit of this hobby.
'42 R Before.jpg

'42 After R.JPG

Last edited:
Personally, there are many aspects to this hobby that I love. As a woman who has a husband that's been fixing old bikes most of his 60 years, I love sharing this hobby with him. I love getting my hands dirty, the feeling of accomplishment that comes after digging the old and dead grease out of every nook and cranny of the bearings, etc. And, then breathing life back into these beautiful American made bikes. I love rejuvinating rusty parts with whatever it takes to make them look good again. I love the thrill of the hunt for bikes we want, or parts we need. But, what touches my heart the most about this hobby and my connection to it is memories of my dad doing this same thing when I was a kid. We used to have some of the best conversations as I scrubbed chains, bearings, and whatever else in kerosene. I think of my dad every time I do this stuff. I miss him terribly, and the day after Christmas will be 4 years since he died.... And, I enjoy every minute I spend with my husband of 38 years working on our bikes. It's truly a labor of love.
And, then there's the cool men and women I've met through this hobby. For the most part, all of you are good people.

Deb

I love the history behind the bikes and the badges they wore. Also making an old and crusty bike so you can ride it again, I think of the last time it was ridden. Bike friends I've made that share the passion. I had a fellow I didn't know come over recently, I stayed up until 3:30 in the morning. We talked about bikes for hours, he even said he was sorry for keeping me up so late and wasting my time. No time was wasted, I enjoyed every minute and made another bike friend. Even though hunting for parts is a pain, I almost enjoy it sometimes. It's like a treasure hunt. Barry

Back