When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your favorite tool to work on a bicycle?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Out of the ones that have come in most handy, I'd have to say this one, and my crank puller.

My vote will go to this as it gets used the most often.
IMG_4971.JPG

As a kid I did not even know chain tools existed, I used to get by with pliers, a punch, and some patience.

Out of the ones that have come in most handy, I'd have to say this one, and my crank puller.

My vote will go to this as it gets used the most often.
View attachment 897035

As a kid I did not even know chain tools existed, I used to get by with pliers, a punch, and some patience.

I also have the exact same tool. And it's also one of my favorite to use. Makes the job painless for removing a chain link, unless when I punch the pin a tad too far, then it's back to the hammer to get the pin back in.

I bought these spreading pliers from the Snap On guy about a year ago, and I just had a stubborn handlebar to stem engagement, and I've got to say, that this little gem has just became one of my favorite new tools.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hit the driver up, the next time you see the Snap On truck.
You won't regret getting a pair of these pliers.

Perhaps a bit refined for old bikes. But none the less, things are usually pretty exciting when this is in action.

IMG-1355.JPG

my top 5 are:
1) dual Park bike stand
2) correct socket with long bar for rear new departure hub nuts
3) kick stand tool for kickstand removal on schwinns
4) mega size crescent head set top nut
5) Mario Bros. type combination wrench for the sprocket removal lock nut

Back