When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your favorite tool to work on a bicycle?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
After a bit of thought I realized there are 3 things I use on every bike I build. I guess they could be considered favorite tools.

IMG_20190223_121957522.jpg

Compressor I got for free. "Tank is full of water. You can have it if you think you can fix it."

IMG_20190227_133312381.jpg

Park TS-2

IMG_20190223_121903824.jpg

And a radio. Music is my other passion and I like both kinds. Rock aaand Roll!

Favourite tool? Easy... my Craftman socket set. Dad gave it to me about 35 years ago when they were still top quality stuff and I’ve added a few important goodies over the years so I have all of the options when it comes to working on my bikes. (Gas or pedal powered)

my wife got me a nice Park Tool workstand recently, so life just keeps getting better and better.

After a bit of thought I realized there are 3 things I use on every bike I build. I guess they could be considered favorite tools.

View attachment 963787
Compressor I got for free. "Tank is full of water. You can have it if you think you can fix it."

View attachment 963788
Park TS-2

View attachment 963789
And a radio. Music is my other passion and I like both kinds. Rock aaand Roll!
There is a drain on the bottom of the tank. The water will be nasty and stain whatever it gets on. So keep that in mind.

I think my favorite tool is the Park Tools pedal wrench. I have 2, one regular and one I accidentally bent so I cut it off at about 3". you use the big one for cracking it, then spin it off with the smaller one.

Easy....my Park Tools PRS6 stand. I literally found it on trash day in a random neighborhood while on my way to get pizza. Lol Im not sure how I did anything before this thing! Worked on the ground alot and it was the absolute worst.

Other things I have grown to appreciate is a solid collection of good, sharp screw drivers. These old rusty bolt heads do not respond well to sloppy screw drivers if the bolt senses weakness.

This one always becomes a favorite whenever you need it.
It’s the frame/fork spreading tool for tight spacing and closed fork ends.

It’s worth it’s weight in gold, when you come across one of those stubborn wheel inserts.
I got it from, Chicago Bike, Tony, when he closed up his shop.

Thanks, Tony!
I think of you every time I use it.

This one always becomes a favorite whenever you need it.
It’s the frame/fork spreading tool for tight spacing and closed fork ends.
View attachment 1673033
View attachment 1673034
View attachment 1673035It’s worth it’s weight in gold, when you come across one of those stubborn wheel inserts.
I got it from, Chicago Bike, Tony, when he closed up his shop.
View attachment 1673036
Thanks, Tony!
I think of you every time I use it.
O killer! Is that for earlier bikes with the hole on both sides of the fork legs and not slots? Those drive me crazy!

Back