When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Is Your Perception Of The Wheelmen Website?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Freyr Vængr

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I have seen allot of talk about the Wheelmen in here recently. I want to ask everyone frequenting these hallowed halls what their perception of the Wheelmen's website is? I have a few relevant questions and would appreciate a response to whatever you have experience with.

If you have no idea who the Wheelmen are or why they are relevant then please simply state that.

1.) Have you ever been on the Wheelmen website and did you find the content relevant? What is your perception of the entire website?

2.) Have you ever tried to register for access to the forums and if so when did you try and what was your experience?

3.) What is your overall impression of the Wheelmen Group as a whole.

4.) Would you pay $30.00 a year to be a voting member of the Wheelmen?

Thank you for your time and help with this.

image.png

Scott, 1. - I've been on the site. I find it somewhat low -tech, compared to other forums, but very useful and informative.Posting pics is a bit of a chore,involving a Photobucket account,but not impossible. 2.- registered for the site, took 2-3 days for confirmation, pretty uneventful experience.... 3.- my overall impression of the group is that they are very helpful,informed and encouraging to new members. I like the fact they organize events, parade rides , group rides and national meets. 4 - yes , I would Scott , I realize Walter is your friend, but your case would be better served/heard over there , not here on the CABE. This is troll behavior , not helping WPB , or any one else's cause. That yellow typeset is reason enough to get anyone banned.

Have been member of the Wheelmen for about 22 years I think, hard to remember that far back. Love both the cabe and the wheelmen site. Just that some people open there mouth before they think. And yes it is a hard to put up pictures on the Wheelmen site. But it can be done.

Scott, 1. - I've been on the site. I find it somewhat low -tech, compared to other forums, but very useful and informative.Posting pics is a bit of a chore,involving a Photobucket account,but not impossible. 2.- registered for the site, took 2-3 days for confirmation, pretty uneventful experience.... 3.- my overall impression of the group is that they are very helpful,informed and encouraging to new members. I like the fact they organize events, parade rides , group rides and national meets. 4 - yes , I would Scott , I realize Walter is your friend, but your case would be better served/heard over there , not here on the CABE. This is troll behavior , not helping WPB , or any one else's cause. That yellow typeset is reason enough to get anyone banned.

My agenda is nowhere near as nefarious as you portray. I want to determine what people congregating in this forum think of the service provided by the Wheelmen and the Wheelmen on a whole. Consequently, my "case" is better served in here and not "over there". Asking "over there" is not possible as so many of the people I want to ask are not allowed "over there" or have not been able to get access to the forums. Thank you for your offer but "here is better".

I want to know what people here are looking for in a website. The CABE is a multifaceted jewel in the digital bicycle world with all the forums a bicycle addict could ever want. I share my fellow CABE dwellers glee in the pre 1933 forum. I want to know why it appears that the Wheelmen have a less than sparkling reputation in here. I have been floating through these halls many years, long enough to know that there is an undertone of reverent respect as well as disdain for the Wheelmen. I want to see what people have to say. Why does this bother you? What is it you are afraid of? If I were you, I would embrace this as a brilliant opportunity and make the most of it. Instead you sound less than happy and point of fact combative.

Did I strike a nerve? I genuinely am sorry if I did. Sometimes the hard truths are not easy to face. However, once confronted, improvement can begin.

My objective is to learn what people think of the current Wheelmen incarnation. In doing so I will see if an alternate reality is warranted. After all, "over there" is only a rather new club who took the Moniker Wheelmen from the pages of history and have no exclusive or even legitimate claim to the name. "Over there" is not even The American Wheelmen organization that was empowered in the late 1800s. I think there may be room for growth here. So I am testing the waters. I am sorry if that bothers you.

Imagine a collection that is internationally respected becoming the backbone of a new Wheelmen web site. Imagine a group of Wheelmen who share their catalogs for free instead of selling over copied copies of copies. Imagine a group of Wheelmen who are dedicated to sharing knowledge rather than sitting on it lethargically. Found a new catalog? Post QUALITY scans of it online as a resource to be shared not a commodity to be exploited. This is just one of many aspects that I think would nurture an alternate site. I am so sorry that my market research threatens you. But IF such were to happen the end user would be the winner. You and your sandbox could become even more exclusive growing in on yourselves like some fractal devolving into infinity.

In closing, let me get this correct; You believe I should be banned for using yellow type set. I cannot begin to tell you how insane that sounds. In the future you may want to set up a 24 hour hold on posting any new messages as you clearly will regret similar comments later.

Yea this survey should be done here with no threats of banning for ANY COLOR Font. Yellow Typeset

Back