When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Is Your Perception Of The Wheelmen Website?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
image.jpg
Not to troll the already trollieness...and I have no business in this thread as it does not pertain to me what so ever...but my inner nerd wont let this go...as...this meme should read....

"A troll I smell"

...thats all....thank you.

I had no problem registering on the Wheelmen site. I don't check the site often, but when I do there are only a few new posts per day, often only one or two.

Regarding membership, I see it confers to the member a variety of printed materials: newsletters, magazines, membership card, and bulletins. Frankly, I have to shake my head at all that. Information should be free. The cost of such information is part of what keeps this area of bicycle collecting a cul-de-sac. Elitism is built into the program. Surely a group of people who can spend tens of thousands of dollars on antique high wheelers can afford to publish their newsletters online for all to see. It makes me wonder whether or not they want people to become interested.

And now, here's a bitchin' motorized velocipede to look at. Pop a wheelie.

millet.jpg

It's a free world. If you don't like the Wheelmen, you don't have to join or go to their website. There are many of us who are members of the Wheelmen and also spend time here on the CABE. The CABE is not an organization it is a website. The Wheelmen is an organization that has a website that allows non-members access. If you don't like the way the Wheelmen organization is run then join and get involved to change it. Wouldn't the world be a dull place if everything was the same. And yes the actual functioning of the Wheelmen website is archaic. That and other updates including putting research material and the Library on line are being worked on, but then non-members would not know that.

Back