When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What it is?

-

Rusty McNickel

I live for the CABE
Something to chew on....

Believed to be nickeled. Clamp diameter is about the size of head tube for late 1890-on head tube. Removable nameplate (?).
20181122_114901.jpg

20181122_114827.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving!

As with bicycles of that time, there were heaps of small innovations with camera gear that never took off. Maybe a bracket to hold a camera to a bicycle?! :wink:

Unknown.jpeg

What is the dia. of the bracket ? Camera stud mount has been standard 1/4- 20 for about 125 years even on foreign cameras --my guess it holds a leather or tin tool box on either a down or top tube probably should be a pair

What is the dia. of the bracket ? Camera stud mount has been standard 1/4- 20 for about 125 years even on foreign cameras --my guess it holds a leather or tin tool box on either a down or top tube probably should be a pair

Without measuring, it's too large for triangle tubes, perfect for head tube of late 1890's and on.

Back