When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What kind of bicycle is this?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
When I look at that bike, a few things don't match if its a US sold bike.
Chrome fenders were rare, and I've only run into them as either dealer replacements, or on higher end models such as the Sports or Superb. A close look at the grips say they're not original to the bike, so the fenders may not be either, its hard to say.
There were gold bikes, but everyone that's come my way in that color has been older, as in early 60's long before the LTD hit the catalog pages.
There were Canada built bikes after 1973, and I've had Sports models made in Malaysia from the early 70's, and there were also Raleigh bikes built in Holland too.
For what ever reason, Canadian bikes don't seem to migrate to the states, I've not run into a single bike from Canada in my 50 or so years dealing with bicycles. That don't mean they don't exist, I've just not had any come my way. I've likely had several hundred used Raleigh bikes over the past 20 or so years and I worked in a shop that sold Raleigh and several other brands back in the 70's, and non were Canada built Raleigh models, but Malaysia, and Holland built bikes were fairly common.
I had a few sets of factory replacement fenders here over the years none had the Sir Raleigh decal on them they were just chrome plated Raleigh fenders with braces riveted from the factory. My guess was that they left off the decal so they would be universal between brands.

Some history on the bike or a serial number would tell more about it.

Back