When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What kind of fork is this?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

lobsterboyx

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I picked up this fork from a fellow cabe member and after some consulting, I dont quite think it is what i think it is...

anyone ever seen this before? the shoulders are bullnosed and slope back and down. Its a cool fork and Im pretty sure its balloon, but the top where the threads go is chopped off and its rather short, therare also bigger flat spots on each of the legs...

any ideas?

45f22ef8-1.jpg

48caafe2-1.jpg

e0728c21-1.jpg

As with most everything, I haven't a clue but was thinking that perhaps the crown has been removed. I realize there are no witness marks to corroborate this but if it's been repainted then that might be a clue. Good luck!

I thought for sure someone would pipe up and be able to explain what the heck this thing is... I thought it was for a shelby, but boy-o-boy was i mistaken...

It is a fairly standard Huffman fork, I believe postwar but I have never nailed down the complete significance of all the variations of this fork that were produced. Some were produced with the crown sloping to the rear and others with the crown installed in reverse with the fastback forward. Some have an integral fender mounting tab and other do not. The reason for the long flats at the bottom of the fork may have been to allow the production of one fork that could be cut for either 26" or 24" applications.

Back