When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What kind of tubes for these rims?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Being French rims, you would most likely have seen short length 'Woods' or 'Presta' valves on there.
Use whatever is most appropriate for the bike you're using those rims on.
Often I find that if you use an age appropriate valve cap for whatever tube you're using, it helps with the finished look.

Being French rims, you would most likely have seen short length 'Woods' or 'Presta' valves on there.
Use whatever is most appropriate for the bike you're using those rims on.
Often I find that if you use an age appropriate valve cap for whatever tube you're using, it helps with the finished look.
Yep, the original old tubes were short Presta valves with an iron ring at the base that would cover the large hole in the rims. I don't think they make anything like that anymore, but I could be wrong.

Yep, the original old tubes were short Presta valves with an iron ring at the base that would cover the large hole in the rims. I don't think they make anything like that anymore, but I could be wrong.
I think they still make presta tubes; I have some with the screw down lock ring that I got with a box store bike I got to resale.

I never knew how they worked until I found a little inflator kit with what looks like CO2 cartridges. I personally will Never Use them❗ I prefer the regular valve stems & being able to remove the valve for full deflation if need be.
Just what I've been accustomed to with cars 🤷‍♂️

@JoeBass forgive me if it's getting off topic but have you or any of these other guys considered going tubeless (not the styrofoam like inserts) but full seal tubeles? I have looked into it but I wanted to make sure ALL New Spokes & the rims are Trued / Straight before attempting it personally. I know the pros & cons of it ....

Never thought about doing it with a bike this old, but let me know how it turns out if you give it a try!
Yes, they still make Presta valved tubes, but I've never seen any new ones with the large iron ring at the base.

Never thought about doing it with a bike this old, but let me know how it turns out if you give it a try!
Yes, they still make Presta valved tubes, but I've never seen any new ones with the large iron ring at the base.
Will do when I give it a shot👍🏻

I asked because this video gave me the idea a while back & seems it might be the cheapest way to give it a shot

Back