When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What manufacturer made this Firestone 500?

-

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I have seen this chainring but, I can't place the manufacturer...I was thinking AMF, or Rollfast but I don't see an example of this chainring in the "Sprocket" ID threads.

I know that the Firestone 500 was either a Murray and or Huffy (even possibly Ross) supplied frames is most cases, and assume any manufacturer could have had the rights to label there brand for the Firestone stores.
This serial number is "J085340"

attachment.php

murray ?

this is the one I picked up different chain ring ...

Attachments

• firestone 500 bikes 001.jpg
    firestone 500 bikes 001.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 760
Thought so Jason...yours is the huffy built one.
Yours looks to be in great shape.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

girls version firestone

here is girls version of firestone 500

Attachments

• firestone 500 bikes 002.jpg
    firestone 500 bikes 002.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 1,489
Sorry the huffy was posted by tommy..dang phone...thought it was you JP.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Snyder made Firestones around 1959-61ish, I have this ladies' model. Seems the Huffy & AMF models were more toward mid-late 60s.
adamtinkererscollection010-1.jpg

AMF Chain ring

I have seen this chainring but, I can't place the manufacturer...I was thinking AMF, or Rollfast but I don't see an example of this chainring in the "Sprocket" ID threads.

I know that the Firestone 500 was either a Murray and or Huffy (even possibly Ross) supplied frames is most cases, and assume any manufacturer could have had the rights to label there brand for the Firestone stores.
This serial number is "J085340"

attachment.php

Take a look at post #70.

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?41683-Sprocket-compilation-PIC-HEAVY/page7

I'm going to look at a similar bike this weekend. It's missing the tank. What's the probability of finding a good one?

Ed

Very hard to find tank.

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Back