When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What might this Schwinn Paramount be worth?

-
Easiest answer to the serial number question is to drop out the fork...the serial number will also be stamped on the steering tube, if it is a Paramount. The one anomaly seems to be that it has fender eyelets on the dropouts (like a P-10) but no brake cable stop on the top tube (like a P-13).

Did any other Schwinn bikes come with Nervex lugs? Frame looks to be a 58cm? In my opinion someone with reasonable skills should be able to turn that into a really special bike.

Thanks for all the feedback. It is a 58 cm frame. I could feel that there was something under the paint on the rear left dropout but couldn't stomach the idea of destroying the paint job just to find out. I'm still pondering my next steps, either to sell it for parts or "as is" to a buyer through eBay or Craigslist.

I have said this before but the paint job on that bike is worth nothing. It is not the paint Schwinn put on the bike and is not is good condition. From my pictures of my bike you can see there should be no paint in the area where the the serial number is. I am starting to wonder why you just do not do it. Roger

Do you know what kind of solvent I can use to get enamel paint off to at least make the number visible? I don't want to use a file because it could damage the number itself.

Sorry to repeat myself, but if you simply take the fork out you will find the serial number stamped on the fork steerer....no need to do anything to the paint on the frame. Attached is an example of the serial number on the frame dropout and on the fork
Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 9.48.48 PM.png

steerer

Paint stripper and thinner will remove the paint without damage to the frame as will very fine sand paper. Just do it by hand not with a grinder. The fork is also an option as long as it is original to the bike. Roger

Back