When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What model Columbia? OR IS IT A COLUMBIA?

-

mickeyc

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
It's not a moto, not a truss frame, and not a camel back. It has no truss bars like the motos. It's obviously? a Columbia by the outline of the missing head badge (I think). Serial C1276 which should make it a 1925.

Anyone?

Hold the phone! While that ghost image may look like a Columbia badge, not so sure....I just measured the mounting hole space...comes to 2 1/2" apart, horizontal. I have 2 early Columbia's (1926 and 1930) with head badges and their mounting holes are only 2" apart. What other head badge could this thing have had? Anyone recognize that shape positively?

I doubt it is a Columbia. Look at the silhouette and notice a peek at the top or at least looks like one in the picture. Also the cutouts top and bottom are far larger on a 20's Columbia badge. Here is what a 20's Columbia badge looks like. The angle on the center banner is different as well.

I love old diamond frames. That looks like a fairly early one compared to what we usually find. It looks like it has a closed front fork, which goes back a ways. How are the joints between the pipes made? Are they the old style where one tube was folded open inside the other? Mr. Columbia is right about the silhouette. It kind of looks like a Columbia at first, but then when you really look at it, it looks like something else. It's a nice find either way.

By "closed front fork" do you mean where the front axle mounts? If so, yes the holes are closed.
Here are some photos of the frame joints.

I can only add that a lot of TOC badges that have the banner style, though they usually had scrolling and other 'flourishes'. This one being rounded might narrow it down.

Back