When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Model Iver Johnson??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Can you add a close up pic of both sides of the crank/with the arms?

And yes, those are most likely wood rims with glue on tires.
The paint scheme was used for a few years. Pete (Handyman) might be able to tell you that.

Last edited:
Can you add a close up pic of both sides of the crank/with the arms?

And yes, those are most likely wood rims with glue on tires.
The paint scheme was used for a few years. Pete (Handyman) might be able to tell you that.
1633967634853.png
1633967661314.png

Thanks!

Looks like it was originally painted maroon and black. When were these markings used?
And are these rims wood or metal?
View attachment 1494013
View attachment 1494014
It states on both the catalog pages that @Iverider posted under "optional equipment" Maroon and Black... Fenders are under "Extras" as mud guards. Just as today if you wished to upgrade or accessorize there were options at the point of purchase or they could be ordered with options from the factory.

By the teens the catalog featured pages of seats, handle bars and all the other options available. I would also say that the carrier isn't just "period" looks to me like it's a correct Iver Johnson carrier as it shows up in catalogs a few years later

I think the assessment of 1908-1910 is correct given the serial # as well as it is a Special Roadster.

If it were me I'd do a little digging on the previous owner of that house and see if there is a connection to the factory. Thats such a well optioned bike so close to where it was made there's certainly a possibility. Also could have been someone who went to buy it at the factory and by the time they had there way with him or her the thing was optioned to the hilt!

Anyway you slice it thats a killer bike. I'd maybe pm @Handyman and see if you can take it down to Fitchburg... All the info you seek is within the walls of this site or just right down the road!

Are there tools in the pouch?? Looks like a bush fix on the crank??

Last edited:
Wonderful assessment! I've also perused the Ivers Johnson catalogs from 1891 to 1941 and arrived at similar conclusions.
No. The tool pouch is empty, but still in fairly good condition. And yes, it appears that the left side of the crank experienced some crude repairs and imagine this would reduce the bike's value somewhat.

I believe the 1909 - 1910 models had the one year only nut on the drive side and recessed cups, and 1903-1909 crank is different again
so I am going to put it between 1911 and 1921 or perhaps had a later model crank fitted hence the make shift lock ring
If you can remove the tape and get a close up photo this will help

Last edited:
You asked about the wheels and I think they're metal clad wood wheels. Very cool find for both you and your son!
Sean

Back