When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Model Might This Be?

-
Wow! Thanks for doing my homework for me! I really would be poking around in the dark, not knowing exactly what to look for. I’ll explore these leads further. That full-on Typhoon frameset is tempting... The last couple of days, there have been quite a few interesting bikes popping up on Marketplace by me. Sadly, I’m already hiding these in the garage under cover of darkness. Lol.
Again, and I can’t say it enough, appreciate everyone's helpfulness and enthusiasm in assisting me. As a member in other forums (Jeep, motorcycle, mountain bike, etc.), the members here are by FAR the most courteous, truly going out of their way to aid. Cheers.

Wow! Thanks for doing my homework for me! I really would be poking around in the dark, not knowing exactly what to look for. I’ll explore these leads further. That full-on Typhoon frameset is tempting... The last couple of days, there have been quite a few interesting bikes popping up on Marketplace by me. Sadly, I’m already hiding these in the garage under cover of darkness. Lol.
Again, and I can’t say it enough, appreciate everyone's helpfulness and enthusiasm in assisting me. As a member in other forums (Jeep, motorcycle, mountain bike, etc.), the members here are by FAR the most courteous, truly going out of their way to aid. Cheers.
I have a middle weight fork but it is blue, it is on my bike right now but was going to change it soon.

IMG_1359.jpg

Measured the OD at 5/8”. Does that sound right? Thanks!
I don't have anything to gauge it by for you as it's a Schwinn & I don't happen to own anything older than an '87ish mtn bike at that BUT You can Trust coasterbrakejunkie1969 if you pm him I'm sure he'd measure & caliper his. I've bought from him as well & he's a pretty good guy or at least with me he has been. May save you some $ & get you sooner to powder/riding status

If you'd like to run the 2.125" tires on the middle weight (this is how I clearanced my middle weight '64 Columbia) since so much isn't original & or unknown for a "custom" rider it'll possibly be your easiest route

These are Taiwan fenders off a common modern Schwinn so it should work (unless you're running rim brakes maybe).... Attach all mounting points snug as you can, tightly trace the frame with a sharpie, I dremel sliced both sides up & out roughly before using a grinding stone bit. I Really can go a little wider but I have a Rat Rod constant project so I'm not fixing what isn't broken or bothersome hahaha. I'll eventually fill the factory holes but thas' a few beers or shots down the road too

Shameless plug & it's not perfect the way I wanted but there's an Over All Idea of what can be done vs your jacked up fendering & I would play with those braces, test fit, and repeat until you're content or satisfied ;)

View attachment 1413504

Shameless plug & it's not perfect the way I wanted but there's an Over All Idea of what can be done vs your jacked up fendering & I would play with those braces, test fit, and repeat until you're content or satisfied ;)
Awesome. Thanks for your advice. I’m pretty handy with a cut wheel (Definitely much better than the previous owner’s attempt on my fork dropouts...), so will give it a shot. Good looking ride. I may attempt a rat rod bike to replicate the clunkers early mountain bike riders used to run on the Repack Road downhill in Marin County.

There's No Wrong path once it's past a certain point; Do what's going to make You Enjoy It the Most! My bike's prior owner built his vision from a frame up & parts .... I am just adding my touches to it. Next owner might wanna powder coat it/restomod it back to like new or even restore it but I couldn't part with it reasonably.

Finally (almost) finished my Frankenbike. Since it was already a combination of parts from God only knows how many different bikes and accessory suppliers, built it up without any regard to originality. End result: it looks wonderful and rides even better. Thanks, “The Cabe” members for assistance and input. Still have to iron out that rear fender jacking-I was conservative with the Dremel. Powdercoat color is Illusion Red, and it really pops in the sunlight.

C2377E92-F802-4702-8DDC-4AB064A7AAAC.jpeg

1D0857CF-A840-44DF-B387-46A40B02A9B5.jpeg

2DD53CAC-8690-4C73-B940-69FC5B57CA2B.jpeg

Back