When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What model Shelby is this?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rustafari

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hey all,
I’m pretty sure this bike is owned by a caber. Would anyone by chance, happen to have any Shelby literature that shows this model. I’ve been searching for pics of Shelby’s but haven’t found any bikes with the same accessories. Is it a Shelby Super Deluxe? Shelby Supreme? Or??? Just trying to figure out what it is and what kind of options it came with.

Thanks!

ShelbyDreamBike01_zpscdb491cc-1.jpg

I believe its a 1940 62 se. Its my favorite model for a Shelby. Does not seem to be much info on these bikes.

1940 62se

This is a rare model and the only ad I've seen on this bike is in the "Shelby Book".

Pg 90 of the Shelby book shows this bike as a '40 Model SE 62 as previously stated. The "SE" designates the "shock-ease" fork. The bike shown in the ad does not have a torpedo spring seat and I think these were pretty much gone by '40. It list the equipment as: Tires- 26" US Royal white sidewall balloons, Saddle-Mesinger de luxe, top grain leather, Lights-Twin polished torpedo lights, electric taillight (shown is the "egg" taillight), Brakes-Morrow, ND, or Musselman. Colors-2 tone red, 2 tone blue, or 2 tone green. chrome rims, truss rods, drop forged stem, safety crank, and electric horn in teardrop tank. V/r Shawn

1940 Shelby Model SE 60.jpg

Last edited:
That frame was used on a couple non-deluxe models as well, I have the same frame with the "Rex" badge, no tank and no shock-ease, same sprocket as the red and black model above:

shelby1.jpg

shelby rex.jpg

Back