When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Murray do I have?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Terri

On Training Wheels
I'd like to know more about my bike. I bought is second-hand about 25 years ago. Over the years, I've replaced the wheels, pedals, seat and handlebars. I think it's a Murray because of the "502" in the serial number and would be interested in knowing more about when it was built. The serial numbers are 502 46160 805313. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_0263.JPG

IMG_0262.jpg

Thanks! I thought it might be a Sears Spaceliner, but it doesn't have the "tank". I guess it was removed.

'61-63 Sears JC Higgins Flightliner, missing it's tank, rack, and fenders. It was replaced as top of the line model by the Spaceliner, which has a different style frame.

Not a Spaceliner. As Adamtinkerer said, it's a Flightliner (J.C. Higgins by Sears, built under contract by Murray), which pre-dates the Spaceliner. 1963 was the last year of the Flightliner.

Very cool bike and it appears you have it set up to ride,I've seen that style of springer fork on 20" bikes but I think this is the first one on a 26"! But now that I've said that I'll start seeing them everywhere! I'm guessing the "Flightliner" was a bike to reflect the jet age and discontinued after 63 and JFK's announced moon shot before the end of the 60's, you have to admire the marketing team for being on top of their game and moving on to the space race!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back