When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Rat-Bike did you ride today?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Good morning rat bike bro’s! As you may already know I’ve been working on my 1946 world imperial. Well for the past few days I’ve been trying and failing to get the fork tubes to match. I tried painting them and the colors were so off it looked hideous! I took them back to bare metal and sanded them with 400 wet sand paper and that looked way wrong too! Until I discovered that mixing hydrogen peroxide,a bit of white vinegar and a pinch of salt will cause metal to rust almost instantly! I painted the spears on the bare metal starting with black and then antique white over the black. Once it dried I carefully sanded the edges back to the black. Then I sprayed the mixed solution on them and let them dry about 10 times and let them hang all night. I didn’t touch them and cleared over them as I wanted to keep the look. Then a few hours later I used a scotch bright pad and gently knocked the lumps down and reclear coated them!

66B09EE3-DF52-45F9-AAC8-4F39626519A7.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

Good morning rat bike bro’s! As you may already know I’ve been working on my 1946 world imperial. Well for the past few days I’ve been trying and failing to get the fork tubes to match. I tried painting them and the colors were so off it looked hideous! I took them back to bare metal and sanded them with 400 wet sand paper and that looked way wrong too! Until I discovered that mixing hydrogen peroxide,a bit of white vinegar and a pinch of salt will cause metal to rust almost instantly! I painted the spears on the bare metal starting with black and then antique white over the black. Once it dried I carefully sanded the edges back to the black. Then I sprayed the mixed solution on them and let them dry about 10 times and let them hang all night. I didn’t touch them and cleared over them as I wanted to keep the look. Then a few hours later I used a scotch bright pad and gently knocked the lumps down and reclear coated them!

View attachment 1415392

View attachment 1415393

View attachment 1415394
Tried & True Techniques ;)

I loved using that solution when I did a non vintage Micargi Rover frame. It's awesome to watch it work instantly and then see the coloring you get with each spray coats. Really cool when you can apply heat to the bare metal to pull out coloring & then rust over that too .... jus' to share

Tried & True Techniques ;)

I loved using that solution when I did a non vintage Micargi Rover frame. It's awesome to watch it work instantly and then see the coloring you get with each spray coats. Really cool when you can apply heat to the bare metal to pull out coloring & then rust over that too .... jus' to share
I’ll have to try using the heat also at some point! I appreciate you sharing that!

image.jpg

Put the 46 back together and it still needs a few more things but overall it’s SICK! Lmao!

View attachment 1415652

View attachment 1415653
Damn It Porkychop! Ya goin' to convert me over to the canti Schwinn side ;)

If that thing had a tank matchin' that patina on a Decent Good Chrome or Polishin' (like the springer) I think it would sail it over the top!
Any plans for the cream/white wheels bud ?

Damn It Porkychop! Ya goin' to convert me over to the canti Schwinn side ;)

If that thing had a tank matchin' that patina on a Decent Good Chrome or Polishin' (like the springer) I think it would sail it over the top!
Any plans for the cream/white wheels bud ?
The other funny thing is that I wasn’t a cantilever frame guy either! I was looking for a dx frame to build and found a guy who had one! He sent me this photo of the frame! Lmao! And so it began with the black phantom!

EBA70C2A-8C2B-4F7F-89F2-CA65923B75B2.jpeg

The other funny thing is that I wasn’t a cantilever frame guy either! I was looking for a dx frame to build and found a guy who had one! He sent me this photo of the frame! Lmao! And so it began with the black phantom!

View attachment 1415698
Will you do me 1 favor Please; If you do the clay tires will you at least dirty or "grime" them some to match that rusty'tina some or better? I haven't ever been a fan of solid colored tires other than black & I Really am diggin' that look you got goin' with it. Usually they jus' look brown painted once cleared (kinda like the back fender when darker). I always feel they need some contrasts though so maybe the clay tires will be ideal .... as they are

Back