When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Rat-Bike did you ride today?

-
Im not sold on the springer but makes for a smooth ride.

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

1st pic once I added the Columbia Superb white walls; I've removed the chrome from the headlight & preparing to l.e.d convert it. It has 4 gills so I didn't want to use another housing. Using a diamond cut reflector to maybe help throw light better.
Thinking about trying to use black & red pinstriped Schwinn Cruiser 7 fenders or my Monark Super Deep set & Nexus 7 rear hub because my ocd of tires either rubbing the fenders & or frame is maddening. I've got a piece of solid steel that has been curved to a 90° 7 post. Hopefully with a home made flared shim it'll be the right height / length (I don't like riding high up @ 5'8").
I rode it last night to check what kinda throw my 100 lumen flashlight has (not too bad for $1) but I am going to Harbor Freight to look at a 32 l.e.d & a 109 set up for like 400 lumens+.

Rat Rod & modernized for that Perfect Look but Easy Ridin' Fun.

Happy Sunday cabers!
I took the 54 phantom for a ride this morning! Beautiful day to go out! Spent all day Saturday painting the tank, front fender, and 59 chevy fender spear for the bike! Also discovered an old Bluetooth speaker I had fitted perfectly in the tank! So added some style and some tunes! Lovin it!

View attachment 1381204

View attachment 1381205

View attachment 1381206

View attachment 1381207
Ive always thought that phantoms would look better with body-color fenders and this pretty much proves my point. That bike looks tons better with black fenders over the original chrome.

Back