When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Rat-Bike did you ride today?

-
Ive always been a tad strange when it comes to my deep love for hardcore patina/crust but the good thing is that most folks hate bikes like that so i get alot of really awesome bikes for a lot cheaper when in actuality, one mans negative selling points are my positive buying points.
I always say, there is a butt for every seat, I just prefer my seats rusty. Lol
That’s awesome tacochris!! Love it! One of my favorite things to do is find em crusty and then show em to the person I got it from when it’s done! Love how shocked they are!

69201156-CF83-43C1-8B22-47CE6906B6E7.jpeg

I know y'all are probably gettin' tired of seein' my Rat Bike but here's some of my creative ideas comin' out to play & updates on my favorite owned bicycle right now. Between The Project Thread & Here I don't feel too bad posting often. I don't know how The Middle Weight & '33-65 Balloon guys would feel since it's a little bit of both. LOL

@Porkchop, no biggie but your now defunct CWC CO-OP was a post war late 40's and that's when CWC came out with those rims, their answer to Schwinn S2'sView attachment 1406481
Thank you for the info mrg! It doesn’t surprise me that those rims were incorrect for the bike. The vin number on the bike and the information I found came up as a 1941. So it should have had drop center wheels. The co-op definitely had been messed with before I found it. The frame had been welded back together at the bb and had a twist to it.

Not a prewar frame, the wheels were correct and probably og to bike, it is a late 40's-early 50's frame with the correct CWC wheels, you are missing something on the serial #'s, usually more characters to the right of #'s, the same frame & wheels are in another thread here now with a CW to the right and is a 47. Prewar frame would have feet for rear kick stand and no hole above right chain adjuster for post war guard.

The CWC # chart here is not perfect but aound 46-47, number says late 46 but they added the CW to the right of serial # in early 47, CWC did not switch to the forward dropouts till mid 50’s and CO-OP badge was just for that distributor So basically same as a Roadmaster and other badges they used.

The CWC # chart here is not perfect but aound 46-47, number says late 46 but they added the CW to the right of serial # in early 47, CWC did not switch to the forward dropouts till mid 50’s and CO-OP badge was just for that distributor So basically same as a Roadmaster and other badges they used.
Good information mrg! Maybe you can help me figure out what the frame I put those girls bike parts on is? Now I assumed that the frame was a Shelby but I made that assumption because of the crank sprocket and head tube bearing cups. The head badge was missing. I know that the CWC made Shelbys at one point so while this frame has holes in it at least it’s straight and the parts fit well. Thought I was at least keeping it in the CWC family. Now that I am looking at the vin I’m not so sure. What’s your opinion?

EDECE08E-915F-4794-B655-A0DF17AF387F.jpeg

067A749A-0205-466C-AA8D-D373A22EB0A8.jpeg

1A0915FE-1543-4526-A14F-EACD2DFA1C91.jpeg

0CC74475-1983-4E19-8E21-787750BDD6FB.jpeg

Back