When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Rat-Bike did you ride today?

-
Ohhh Nooo :fearscream: Solid white tires:sob: Please tell me you have some white walls or cream walls? Bike is Amazing though;)
Honestly I had three sets of tires to choose from. A white wall, brick color, and these white tires. This set had the highest tire pressure maximum. These old heavy weight Schwinns ride so amazing with the higher tire pressure tires on them! They take much less effort to pedal and just feel like your gliding! I have a set of Schwalbe fat franks on my phantom that run at 60 psi and are hands down the best I’ve experienced so far!

Honestly I had three sets of tires to choose from. A white wall, brick color, and these white tires. This set had the highest tire pressure maximum. These old heavy weight Schwinns ride so amazing with the higher tire pressure tires on them! They take much less effort to pedal and just feel like your gliding! I have a set of Schwalbe fat franks on my phantom that run at 60 psi and are hands down the best I’ve experienced so far!
I couldn't do it man; I've got my white wall Columbia Superb tires at like 40-45 psi & it rides Great, tires don't smoosh with me at 160-180 lbs & with a girls sprocket it's easy peddalin' but I know those wheels aren't even 2" wide so I am Verrry Leary of too much air in a rubber in an even smaller metal space.

I don't know if any of you guys ever seen tubes outside of the rims but now days they Never seem to inflate evenly. I worry about pinch flats .... Hell my 26x3" Duro tires don't run 60 psi:grimacing:

Quick ? Have you tried inflating other tires that much? I am curious

I couldn't do it man; I've got my white wall Columbia Superb tires at like 40-45 psi & it rides Great, tires don't smoosh with me at 160-180 lbs & with a girls sprocket it's easy peddalin' but I know those wheels aren't even 2" wide so I am Verrry Leary of too much air in a rubber in an even smaller metal space.

I don't know if any of you guys ever seen tubes outside of the rims but now days they Never seem to inflate evenly. I worry about pinch flats .... Hell my 26x3" Duro tires don't run 60 psi:grimacing:

Quick ? Have you tried inflating other tires that much? I am curious
I am not running the tires above there maximum recommend pressure. Ever seen one blow up? Crazy the force they have

'61 Panther III

Back