When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Rat-Bike did you ride today?

-
Put my '39 Elgin Klunk-Rat back together and took her out for about a 6 mile ride. Not bad for me considering I pulled a groin muscle a couple days ago. I doubt I could walk much more than a mile right now.

GEDC4509.JPG

GEDC4510.JPG

GEDC4511.JPG

The old Raleigh yesterday on a 2 stop wheel and tire shopping trip.
I just happened upon the wheel shop after my wheel pick up and awaited the tire vendors arrival.

I now have this 24" front wheel combo to play with.

I'm thinking it'll go in this rat, tho I really am trying to find the Hiawatha a new local home and focus on my faves.
Now if I only had a Banana seat and...

The old Raleigh yesterday on a 2 stop wheel and tire shopping trip.
I just happened upon the wheel shop after my wheel pick up and awaited the tire vendors arrival.View attachment 1672354
I now have this 24" front wheel combo to play with.
View attachment 1672361
I'm thinking it'll go in this rat, tho I really am trying to find the Hiawatha a new local home and focus on my faves.
Now if I only had a Banana seat and...
View attachment 1672363
Love the Raleigh and the Thunder Bay Ontario plate!!

I posted this on the 'what bike did you ride today' thread earlier. I didn't realize a rat specific thread existed. It's my post war Monarch 24" frame built up with a 26" front. It's my entry for this year's build off on the Rat Rod Bikes forum. Super fun bike. Rides great, I just need a taller seat post for comfortability. I swapped out the seat today and took it for a spin. I really dig it.

Back