When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Schwinn’s to Look For

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Brian

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello fellow Cabers. I’ve never posted in this section as I am mostly into prewar bikes but could definitely use some of your help and knowledge.
I will be going to look at a small collection of stingrays and a few other Schwinn models of the 60’s and 70’s era. Hoping to do this sometime in the next week or so. I was just informed that mostly all of the bikes are girls models.
I own a couple of Stingrays by chance which are models of the late 60’s. I realize that the early models are more collectible than per say mid 70’s models.
Since most of these bikes are supposedly girls models and some children’s models, can any of you tell me what to look out for when I go to look at these. Give me some education as to what other Schwinn models that may be of collectible value,…Lil chick, midget, pixie, bantam,….??
Thanks,
Brian

lil chiks and bantams can be good if you have a daughter or granddaughter otherwise dont have much value normally, most people probably use them for parts, midgets are collectible and more desirable, and not as common, pixies are ok the better versions are the ones with the banana seats and not hard tire versions, maybe post some pictures here if you can, hope this helps

lil chiks and bantams can be good if you have a daughter or granddaughter otherwise dont have much value normally, most people probably use them for parts, midgets are collectible and more desirable, and not as common, pixies are ok the better versions are the ones with the banana seats and not hard tire versions, maybe post some pictures here if you can, hope this helps
That is helpful. Thank you!

Hello fellow Cabers. I’ve never posted in this section as I am mostly into prewar bikes but could definitely use some of your help and knowledge.
I will be going to look at a small collection of stingrays and a few other Schwinn models of the 60’s and 70’s era. Hoping to do this sometime in the next week or so. I was just informed that mostly all of the bikes are girls models.
I own a couple of Stingrays by chance which are models of the late 60’s. I realize that the early models are more collectible than per say mid 70’s models.
Since most of these bikes are supposedly girls models and some children’s models, can any of you tell me what to look out for when I go to look at these. Give me some education as to what other Schwinn models that may be of collectible value,…Lil chick, midget, pixie, bantam,….??
Thanks,
Brian
Stingray's....buy stingray's.....

First, buy what you really like. I would try to stick with the boy's versions.That said there are plenty of very nice girl's bikes out there and certainly not bad to own some, they just don't have the value. '63-'65 seem to be the hot years but later 60's and early 70's are nice bikes also. 1965's are really sought after climbing in value that I can see. '65 has always been my favorite. When looking and buying try to make sure the parts are correct and dated correctly for the bike. For example, the stem, the crank and front fork will be dated. Properly dated tires is a great addition to a bike, they are fairly hard to find on the early bikes I feel. If you are looking for correct bikes some parts can be costly to replace if bike comes with the wrong ones. Those parts would be the correct seat, correctly dated tires, correct sissy bar on the '63-'65 bikes. Original paint in the eyes of many surely helps in value. I see nothing wrong with correctly repainted/restored bikes which I have had and do have. Good luck in your search. Hopefully you get the info and answers that help out.

Last edited:
First, buy what you really like. I would try to stick with the boy's versions.That said there are plenty of very nice girl's bikes out there and certainly not bad to own some, they just don't have the value. '63-'65 seem to be the hot years but later 60's and early 70's are nice bikes also. 1965's are really sought after climbing in value that I can see. '65 has always been my favorite. When looking and buying try to make sure the parts are correct and dated correctly for the bike. For example, the stem, the crank and front fork will be dated. Properly dated tires is a great addition to a bike, they are fairly hard to find on the early bikes I feel. If you are looking for correct bikes some parts can be costly to replace if bike comes with the wrong ones. Those parts would be the correct seat, correctly dated tires, correct sissy bar on the '63-'65 bikes. Original paint in the eyes of many surely helps in value. I see nothing wrong with correctly repainted/restored bikes which I have had and do have. Good luck in your search. Hopefully you get the info and answers that help out.
You nailed it

Thanks that’s good info and very much appreciated! Will hopefully be able to come across a few decent bikes worth getting while I’m there. Will certainly post some pics if I take any home with me.

Back