When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what should i do?????????????

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
C

Cole Lower

i have this old pre war 28 in elgin (i need to know what year it is??). I would also like to know what i need to do to make it rideable I wanted to keep it original but I am being told that I shouldn't ride it on the metal clad/wooden rims.

elgin_photos

elgin_photos

elgin_photos

Here are your pics

Small issue with the pic loading protocol, but I posted them for you. If you decide you want to sell this bike, let me know. It has a bunch of stuff i need for one of my Elgins.

377-1.jpg

378-1.jpg

381-1.jpg

thanks

thanks for posting my pics that was my first atempt to post them, what did I do wrong? I will keep you in mind if i want to sell it but i want to ride it for a while. So would you know what year it is.

Beautiful bike! I am getting a similiar bike road worthy. If those rims are 28" metal over wood, I would say it is pre 1935, IMHO. Check out the Mobibicycle thread. You can get tires for it. She will clean up nice. Nothing WD40 and xxxx steelwool wont fix. I am sure there is a resident Elgin expert here...

Those tires are not rideable but dont throw them out they are still useable to a collector that would want them for an original bike.

The dilemma with these is that replacement tires go for $100+ each! Modern 700C rims are approx. the same size, though most tires that size are skinny road type tires. If you can find an English/China?Indian 28" roadster, those rims will work. I picked up a pair of flying pigeon rims for one of mine, though I'll need to replace the freewheel rear hub w/a coaster brake.

Back