When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What size and thread are Torrington pedal block nuts?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bloo

I live for the CABE
Hi All. Title says it all. What size and thread are the nuts that hold the pedal blocks on a Torrington 9 (6?) short pedal? I'm pretty sure this is the same as on the 10. I don't see anything in my tap and die set that matches. Are they a proprietary thread? Or maybe Metric?

These are the nuts that hold the pedal blocks, not the ones for the bearings (but please post that too for posterity if you just happen to know it).

Thanks.

Reactions: JLF
Well that's good to know, and I suspected they were the same.

For what it's worth, whatever thread that is the hardware store doesn't have any. I have some nuts on the way from another caber, but I need to order a die. Maybe someone knows....

By short do you mean the 3.5” pedals? I think the girls pedal? Sorry, I don’t know if mine are 9’s... but I did pull these out of a barn last month on a late 30’s girls Rollsfast. I just checked and it’s 1/4-20.

Hope this helps.

00F23634-AECE-4FEF-9D3C-1D6F33F28207.jpeg
0C4997B0-6E1B-4616-9CE9-E6C9A3AF09A5.jpeg

Wait... I just happened to look at the pedal on the other side and it’s different! Weird. It isn’t an 1/4-20 and doesn’t fit anything on my size board. Sorry.

Yes those are the ones and thanks for checking. I struck out at the local hardware, and they have the same size board. I have one cage here I would really like to save, but thanks to another caber I do have a plan B if it isn't possible to save it. I have a sneaking hunch it is going to be a proprietary thread. I can't prove it but am fairly sure all the 6, 8, 9, 10, 11,15, etc. use the same thread.

Reactions: JLF
Maybe the same as some 7/32” hardware, (e.g., chain tensioning screws); I believe that they were off of the #12 size by a few thousandths of an inch.
And then there is the number of threads per inch, (ugh).

Back