When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What size tyres!!!!

-
i just sold a trike,wanted to restoer it with ww tires,did alot of research for ww tires to use on the og wheels,very limited product out there,i found newer kids bikes on craigs list that had the appropiate modern rims,converted my hard tires to balloon tires,the best chance i had finding tires was to google search baby bugy tires,the trike places i tried were very limited in size and only had nos hard tires at $129.00 each

I zoomed in and see 305 on the tire.
A 14 x 1.75" tire bead diameter is 288. I'd measure the diameter of the rims, maybe there are 14" on the back and 16" on the front.

With all due respect, that does not sound right. A 14 x 1.75" rim/tire would have a 254mm BSD. A 288mm BSD would be a British 14 x 1-3/8". Based on tire size discrepancy in the pics and the fact that this is a British tricycle, it probably is 14 x 1-3/8" on the rear. Still, as you suggest I'd be measuring the outer diameter of the rims. Alternately, there may be Endrick size codes stamped on the rim, which would provide a definitive answer.

Given the potential difficulty in finding white tires in this size, the eventual solution might be to lace, modern 16 x 1.75" rims onto the existing hubs.

Back