When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What the??? Bicycle Anomalies...Let's see them!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'll touch base with him and see if he can provide a serial number. V/r Shawn

I'm curious about that because the overall wear and patina especially on the tank decal look consistent with an original paint bike. But I am not familiar with that color being an option in 1938. Looks brownish to me?

Fork is wrong and so is the rack

I'm curious about that because the overall wear and patina especially on the tank decal look consistent with an original paint bike. But I am not familiar with that color being an option in 1938. Looks brownish to me?

Fork is wrong and so is the rack
Wait till we get some better pics. Note the title of this thread;)

No kidding Mike, I'm well aware of the intend of this thread but that doesn't mean that every bike with a "WROG" part on it is a factory or point of purchase anomaly.

Upon further review, I'll bet the ranch that this bike is an older, much older repaint. The pin details on the fenders and the top/lower bar are wrong and the curved seat mast is missing the dart detail.

And as mentioned, Snyder style rack and wrong fork. Highly unlikely that this one left the factory like that.

If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

I'm not knocking the bike, I'm just pointing out the obvious. I'd love to own it and bring it back.

Last edited:
No kidding Mike, I'm well aware of the intend of this thread but that doesn't mean that every bike with a "WROG" part on it is a factory or point of purchase anomaly.
Correct, but it doesn't hurt to keep an open mind. That's all I'm saying.

Back