When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What the??? Bicycle Anomalies...Let's see them!

-
For reference that was not the OG stem to the bike that its pictured with, nor did it fit correctly.

Mo betta'
2a55d40dcb79db1077b37efbe0dbf953.jpg

OK, I just have some replacement Elgin truss bars I guess....and I was hoping I had an anomaly!!:cry:
But I'll make sure my NEXT bike has an anomaly, darn straight. And not just some 'run of the mill' anomaly. People are going to gasp, and point, and shout out ANOMALY!! ANOMALY!! when the bike passes them. It'll be something they talk about over beers after Long Beach rides for years to come. :smirk:

I know that factory errors do occur in manufacturing. I have played guitar for over 49 1/2 years. I've owned thousands of new and used guitars and basses. Last year Fender came out with an American made Performer Stratocaster HSS. According to Fender catalog and online offerings, if you wanted a black one you could only get it with a maple fingerboard and not rosewood. Well, I went to my favorite music store, Elderly Instruments in Lansing Michigan because I wanted to reward myself for the 2 year anniversary of being breast cancer free. I saw this new Performer Stratocaster (shown in the blue tie dye chair, and if you look close at the sticker, you can confirm the model) and I fell in love with it. I went to Fender's site on my phone to check the specs, and I about fell over. It was a very rare factory mistake!! The picture here with the maple fingerboard is the ONLY way you can get this model in black. Unless you hit the jackpot like I did. What a huge blessing for me to celebrate with!!
So, I know mistakes in factory manufacturing do occur. Also of consideration is that maybe they were out of certain parts, so they substituted others to get the order filled. They may have been using up old parts too.
Just my thoughts.

20190612_205913.jpg

20190606_200313.jpg

Screenshot_20200118-190322.jpg

Well new toy, new ANOMALY, 42 CWC built Western Flyer built on a CWC Hawthorne exclusive All American ( single speed ) one off frame only made for that model, straight bar that only fits a AA tank and notice straight down tube with a curve into the bottom bracket. I've always figured stuff like this happened because they were using up whatever stock of parts to fill orders before turning to war production. Had a period correct aftermarket guard ( my least favorite one ) that has been on there for years, probably didn't come with one og, and added along with light at the store before or when sold so not sure what im going to run. any 42 WF catalogs and any others of these out there??

Last edited:
Back