When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Thread Size Pedals Do My 52' Roadmaster have?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Lucid Bikes

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi!

Here is to my second post on the CABE! I have just picked up a 52' Roadmaster Luxury Liner. The bike was missing a pedal when I picked it up and I need to know the thread size of the pedal so I can purchase the right sized one! Does anyone know the thread size pedals for this bike? Also, does anyone know how to properly size pedals so I know how to do it myself? Thanks for any information provided!

Pedal 1.jpg

Pedal 2.jpg

Pedal 3.jpg

Pedals are sized by the measurement of the threaded shank by which they are affixed to the bike. In this case, that measurement should be 1/2". Most modern bikes wear a slightly beef-ier 9/16" pedal. I don't know your level of expertise, so I'll remind you that the two pedals are each threaded differently--the right side tightens clockwise...the left side, counter-clockwise. Throw a little grease or anti-seize on them and tighten them right down to the collar. There ought to be no threads exposed, unlike the ones in you photograph.

@RustySprockets THANK YOU! Seriously, your answer was so helpful! I am definitely a novice when it comes to bikes. Ive been biking almost everyday for the past 6 months and just started collecting older bikes. So pretty much had no idea that the pedal that is currently on my bike isn't on correctly! Thanks for pointing that out! Thank you for the educating me on how to size pedals. All of that information was extremely helpful and now I have learned something new! Ill be sure to grab the 1/2". Lastly, thanks for being so helpful and welcoming in this community. People like you have made my experience on the cabe super awesome so far! I can' wait to learn more!

Back