When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What to buy next?

-
Good luck on your search.Usually the places you are searching have been searched many times and the bikes are usually not really desirable. Much easier to find a girls bike though. I would probably look at flea markets as my first choice.ENJOY THE SEARCH !

I spent about $300 on reference books and a few months of research before I bought my first bike. Knowing what right looks like saves a lot of money! V/r Shawn
Reaching out to Cabe members or searching old threads is good too. I have many books,( from the 80's and some newer) but this new age of instant info at a click ( internet and sites like the Cabe, Dave's site) is rewarding.

My advise don’t look for a particular bike go to all the places you listed and if you see a bike you really like if It gets you excited and you can afford it then buy it and be happy with it and don’t care what anyone says

Sometimes if you take the time to post about the bike someone else will come up and buy it ask around we have all done it you can’t make up your mind some one else will make it up for your and you might regret it just saying

have this: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/f...truss-overman-wheel-co-long-wheelbase.142168/
and yellow& purple Mead Ranger truss bike:

I spent about 5 months staring at old bikes on the cabe before I bought my first old bike. Get something you know you will still think is cool 5 years from now. Just in the first 5 pages of a complete bikes for sale section I saw three cool looking and downright affordable ladies bikes sell in the last month. A blue rollfast in incredible shape, a reverse paint Shelby, and a Colson with the dropstand rack and turkey leg chainguard. All 3 were well equipped. These ladies bikes show up often and can be had at great bargains. Plus if you buy one and ride it there is one less complete ladies bike that gets torn apart and sold out so that boys bikes get needed parts. I would keep your eyes open here on the cabe for a prewar bargain. The vast majority of folks here aren't going to rip you off. Here's the coolest one available I see for sale listed recently. Good luck and have fun! https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/western-flyer-springer-ballooner.184789/#post-1248743

Back