When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What to do with itšŸ¤”

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Drosentreter

I live for the CABE
Here I have an old huffy thunderoad frame. Which is great, and relatively valuable, except for that the rear half of the frame has been run over making it valuelessā€¦ to the collector. Having been run over offers me the perfect opportunity to build a custom as I have wanted to do so long with no remorse, as otherwise it would end up in the scrapyard. So now I have a predicament. I want to build a custom but Iā€™m not sure what I want it to look like. Iā€™ve got a few ideas but looking for more. I donā€™t care how crazy it is just throw one out there. I have the ability to build anything, having been blessed with a large shop full of tools, and the combined knowledge of myself and my father.

E20005DD-1B50-4909-BCBE-75CDB466909E.jpeg

FC4F8DB0-9C68-4396-8EEC-340CC96DE4D5.jpeg

Last edited:
Iā€™m open to changing the angle on the steer tube, lengthening the forks, completely reworking the back half of the frame(I have to anyways), changing out parts for those on other bicycles(although options are limited to what I come across this summer for cheap) I was thinking about drop it as low as I could and put a rear fender on it(so I donā€™t get road rash from leaning back on the rear tire lol), making it a chopper of sorts, but Iā€™ve also considered something along the lines of shocks and springs front and back to make a mountain bike

I can't find it now. But I saw a stretched 26 online where the guy just extended the rear a couple of inches. The front was upright like a regular beach cruiser, I think. Matter of fact, when I get done with the projects I have I was going to try it out on an old Schwinn frame I got free.

I can't find it now. But I saw a stretched 26 online where the guy just extended the rear a couple of inches. The front was upright like a regular beach cruiser, I think. Matter of fact, when I get done with the projects I have I was going to try it out on an old Schwinn frame I got free.
Interesting. Iā€™ll look into it. Thanks for the input

I would build a fat rear end to fit a 20"x4" wheel/tire & fork from an OCC bike for a cool little chopper/muscle bike if I had welding skills......

Maybe a bass boat metal flake paint job.šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”
Ya. Iā€™ve definitely got the welding skills to do it haha.(took a break from welding a hitch for my truck to check thisšŸ˜‚) but ya. Thatā€™s what I was thinking with dropping the frame to the ground and basically have the tire behind my back(and the fender so I donā€™t get road rash) and then some serious pinstriping and a flake paint job. Maybe a faux tank made out of sheet metal in between the triple bars going to the steer tube. IdkšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø. Some pictures of my welding below. Put a 5.9 cummins in a 1950 Chevy Cabover

4E061788-CCAD-4D4D-B07D-196EDA0F2C9C.jpeg

A3F96164-86C2-448D-BD8E-9D4DC3ED2E7C.jpeg

AFEDE655-A4B3-448A-9C70-5C756E13BC6E.jpeg

5EF7AD87-7C9F-4623-BAE7-22A6FBCC2CF1.jpeg

DE7CDFA7-7F0D-40E9-BC5D-79C4C5711768.jpeg

Hereā€™s kinda the idea, but it starts to look too much like the Schwinn OCC choppers. I want it to look different but Iā€™m not sure how. What if I stuck an old rally wheel from a late 60ā€™s GM musclecar in the rear 8ā€ wide cut and welded to have the bump out on both sides(strictly for looks). Itā€™d look huge but maybe thatā€™s what it needsā€¦

DEAB8436-38C3-4D71-BBD4-1EECFF43FA70.jpeg

Last edited:
Back