When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What to do with my Dursley Pederson ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

glenhobbis

Look Ma, No Hands!
I've had this for 50 years always planned on restoring it, should I start this project or is there someone more passionate out there who wants to take it on? The seat tubes are broken in half and its been my stumbling block for getting started on this. It's a first generation Dursley with the handlebar fixed to the fork. Thoughts?

IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

I've had this for 50 years always planned on restoring it, should I start this project or is there someone more passionate out there who wants to take it on? The seat tubes are broken in half and its been my stumbling block for getting started on this. It's a first generation Dursley with the handlebar fixed to the fork. Thoughts?

View attachment 963986

View attachment 963987

View attachment 963988

View attachment 963989

View attachment 963990

View attachment 963992

This is an older thread, but in case there is still interest here are a few pics. A few years ago a guy in Santa Cruz, Ca contacted me after finding a photo of a frame I had built on the web. He had purchased a "Copenhagen" Pedersen built by Jesper Solling some time in the 1980s. This bike had lived in Portland OR and had seen some rain. Beadblasting the frame revealed a surprise, and replacing the tubes was the only solution.
This bike is not an antique and he planned to ride it regularly so strength was the goal, and since the bottom bracket had sockets for the chainstays I opted to fake them for the seat tubes as well. I fabricated the "sockets" and slid them over the rusted stubs of the old tubes and sourced a length of 4130 in 9/16 diameter tube from Aircraft Spruce. This proved to be a perfect match for the original. Added some BTUs and brazing rod and away we went.
There is some controversy as to whether the seat tubes should be attached to the seatstay bridge on these bikes. His originally were so I did, and I honestly can't think of why anyone would do otherwise as it adds considerable stiffness. I have built these frames from scratch and all of mine are attached there. I also made him some new "seatposts" to fit the seat tubes. Overall a successful, if time consuming, repair. Once complete the owner had it powder coated and still rides it regularly.
This repair is not for the feint of heart, as a regular frame building fixture is of no use at all on these frames.
IMG_0444.JPG
IMG_0448.JPG
IMG_0449.JPG
IMG_0456.JPG
IMG_0458.JPG
DSC_0045.JPG
DSC_0052.JPG

Back