When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What to do?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tomato John

Finally riding a big boys bike
Against my better judgement, I purchased a bike off of Facebook and sent the seller $$. Short story is - after a few back and forth texts about shipping etc., the seller has gone dark on me. I have a phone #, email, and know the area where he lives. He also has a business there as well. Anyone have any good ideas of how to proceed? I feel like maybe the process of disassembling/packing a bike was too much for him and he decided it wasn’t worth the effort for a $100 bike. Maybe arranging for someone to pick up and finish the shipping prep would be the way to go? Anyone in the East Alton Illinois area willing to help out? Would pay for help. Appreciate any advice on how to go about this. J

Too Bad. If I was local I would help you out but I am not. Maybe ask for your money back and move on if you can't find anyone.

Hope you find a caber to help you out. Sounds like a personal visit might be in order. Your initial intuition appears to have been correct, unfortunately...

Sorry to hear this. Wish I could help. I don't do Facebook, but there is no recourse being burned and no history to judge a seller from what I understand. I would get a person ( phone) in his business to follow up/explain ( give him the chance to return the $$) if he isn't responding. Any amt. of money lost sucks, but if the contact info is accurate I don't understand how he can ignore you. Perhaps a box of fresh doggie doo do in a ziplock to his bizz will wake him up? Life is like a box of chocolates?

Last edited:
Back