When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What To Know More Info On This Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Mramos

Finally riding a big boys bike
image.jpeg
Hi Cabers,

I just aquire this bike and i would like to know more about it like, year, model and any additional info is a montgomery wards

Might be the picture but the front fork looks bent back a bit. Might be a Murray built bike from the look of the rear drop outs. Maybe not. Roger

Thanks rhenning and rollfaster for your replys, got another question. Does this frame came with an serial number? I cant find one or maybe it's under the coats of paint, where does this frame use to have it?

Like Rollfaster said it's a Hawthorne, sold at Montgomery Wards Stores. Could be purchased mail order or at their stores The serial #'s would be underside of the bottom bracket. Turn the bike upside down. May have to clean away some crud to see them.. Your bike was available with a nice springer that are easily found if you want to replace your fork. Your bent fork is easily straightened .

Like Rollfaster said it's a Hawthorne, sold at Montgomery Wards Stores. Could be purchased mail order or at their stores The serial #'s would be underside of the bottom bracket. Turn the bike upside down. May have to clean away some crud to see them.. Your bike was available with a nice springer that are easily found if you want to replace your fork. Your bent fork is easily straightened .

Thinker what would be the correct springer for this frame?

I believe these had a 'bee hive' springer but besides the fork requires a different fender and light. It is possible this model wasn't offered with a springer. V/r Shawn

Pic stolen from the Tinker
Hawth Springer.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like it has the red and blue M/W badge, first used in '50. As a Snyder built, it should have the 2 digit year in reverse, plus two letters stamped on the bottom bracket.

Back