When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What type of GT is this?

-

militarymonark

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I picked up this frame and I was wondering value? and info on it and if anyone has any pictures on it.
HPIM0485-1.jpg

Last edited:
I think its a mid 90's Havana? I'm probably wrong. I've seen them befor, just not recently.

sweet

my freind has one like it, i love it. i've only ever seen a few. its a nice bike, but i wonder what the thing on the bottum if for? cant be any good for BMX. is it for race?

it's a freestyle frame. the thing on the bottom is a bash guard. It was meant to allow the bike to go over obstacles without damage to the front sprocket. one of the many "gimmick" features that were Incorporated into BMX bikes back in the day. It was basically useless. I'm unsure of what model GT it is but I'll say mid to late 80's. cool bike!:cool:

hehe. bash guards.
I have a well used one in my parts box. Even the steel tubes are almost ground through.
Used to have it bolted onto my "newer" S&M Dirtbike frame. (mine is the bolt on type)
Found all kinds of uses for it. (great for sliding sideways on)
Till I broke the frame. :o
And it didn't fit the replacement.

Ahh but my ramp/dirt/street riding days are pretty much over. :(

I'll go back to my cruiser now. :)

?

if it is not stamped gt it is not a gt. i would say it is a mid 90s bike before the 990 mounts. to the best of my knowledge gt never had a welded on foot rest on the bike, they were always bolt on, i dont see the gt stamp on the dropouts or forks,the parts are worth more than the bike except if someone had one as a kid or just likes it. pacific dirt grinder is correct, department store bike.
i posted the pic because the link didnt work for me.
grinder.gif

Last edited:
never seen a GT with a carry handle behind the seat!

looks like you have GT sprocket, the two extra small tubes that come off of the top tube is a frame stand. a GT usta have a continuation of the top tube behind the seat post, and the end was cut at an angle. and stamped "GT"

like bitsnpieces said, GTs back in the day were all stamped.

This is a 90s bike made for department stores. It looks like a rhino or one of those other cheap-o brands.

Back