When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What type of handlebars are these?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

JimmyTheDog

Look Ma, No Hands!
I was checking eBay for some Schwinn Tiger parts when I saw this "Schwinn Tiger 26" Bicycle Vintage Wasp Edition- Local Pick Up Only". What type of handlebars are these? I asked the bike's owner if I could buy just the handlebars and he wasn't into it. He wants to get rid of the whole bike. It's in Virginia so that's not an option for me in Colorado. Does anybody have a set they'd like to part with? Thanks for any info
JTD

IMG_7144.png

IMG_7145.png

IMG_7146.png

As others have said, it's a set of 10-speed drop bars flipped over. In the flipped up or flipped over state, they're sometimes called "DUI Bars" or "Drunk Bars" because one would periodically see guys who'd lost their licenses riding around on cheap 10-speeds with the bars flipped up or flipped over.

bars flipped up or flipped over.
That's the critical bit. More often, DUI bars (thank you Sir Mike) are just left in the stem and flipped up (ends pointing forward). To get the look on this bike, someone took the trouble of flipping them over (ends pointing aft) and putting on Schwinn-type grips. Kinda cool.

Back