When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What was the last year Schwinn used Autocycle name?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kreika

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I have a co-worker who’s relative owns this Schwinn. Sorry pic isn’t very good. Was the Autocycle decal ever applied to a chain guard? He says it’s original. Never seen chrome on creme paint scheme like this on the tank.

3F11C448-EA94-4100-BDCC-693D269B1B73.jpeg

Last edited:
Even from that crappy pic I can tell the bike is no where close to original. V/r Shawn

I had a 47 that had "Autocycle" on the chainguard but always thought it had been added sometime during its life..

The tank decal looks like the 1950 and up piece. There's a member here that restores old Hornets, Phantoms etc. and the bikes look great but some of the markings/decals are totally incorrect. I've also seen a few B-6's with an Autocycle decal on the chain guard and pretty much believe those were an owner's add on. 1950 was pretty much the beginning of the chain guard name decals on a few select models. That's not including the early T&C tandem that had a Schwinn decal on the guard.

Back