When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What was your first vintage bike? The one that started it all?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Found this 1974 Le Tour about 5 years ago on Craigs list 15 minutes from the house. The first picture is of the Craigs List ad. I added NOS red bar tape, new tires and polished her up. Great riding bike.

Good morning Caber’s!
I got the bicycle sickness big time a couple of years ago. A neighbor brought home a 54 jaguar in rough shape missing a few parts. He found the parts he needed in the town next to ours and asked me if I wanted to go check out what this guy had. So I tagged along with cash in my pocket. The guy (Jesus) had this 1934 true value hardware store bike for sale. I drug it home and started this wonderful journey of the vintage bikes! Which has since blossomed in to 15 or so bikes and a vintage bike club that we started and a great friendship with the man who sold me my first vintage bike! First photo is the day I brought it home and the second is how it looks today!

BB21B221-FF36-47EF-836F-642E3249ABE2.png

40E2F113-8111-4C64-8E8F-C694538EDE18.jpeg

1963 Flying O Lancer, picked up from a scrap pile on a farm in Northern Oklahoma.

1660405186919.jpeg

It was rough, I put way to much money into it. It was fun though and rode really well.

It had been run over on the farm in the late 60's and tossed into the scrap pile. I replaced the rear wheel, straightened the frame (about 2-1/2"). Straightened the fenders, handlebar was not salvageable. 90% original parts.

Last edited:
Back