What watch did you wear today on a ride.

Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cory

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I am borrowing @rustjunkie rule suggestions :)

Let's see 'em!
A couple of rules though, please:
Must include new picture(s) taken just before, during, or just after the ride.

Maybe include a description of the watch / bike and the trip?

First weekend of Summer for many here in Surf City Huntington Beach CA.
I'm wearing my newly acquired modern Marathon Navigator. My young kids are really fascinated by it since it's technically radioactive having tritium gas tubes for illumination. So many cool details about this watch.
I'm riding my Schwinn WASP today having coffee at 604 coffee shop at HB pier.
e79d9b1f6368d52ac6671c2cb0fb4981.jpg
4187930870da88969f09bb2fcb6822df.jpg
4c1ed1adb6a6b5d011418252cc7ce960.jpg
110d1c7188b88f6f5541dbc069107dc3.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
01eb5c672b35b48088e5e5659eb307cc.jpg

Thurman

Finally riding a big boys bike
Recently serviced my pieced together Schwinn and cruised it today with my favorite Elgin pocket watch. Didn't really wear it but was in my watch pocket. Only have a couple of wrist watches but lots of pocket watches. Don't usually wear them on my wrist because of scar tissue makes them feel uncomfortable.
DSCN7905.JPG
DSCN7906.JPG
DSCN7907.JPG

bulldog1935

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
You have a great idea for a thread here (and a beauty watch), in that, I love watches and love bikes, and get this part.
But I try to keep them separate as much as possible - only wear a watch on a bike when I'm plugging a bike ride into a watch-day schedule.
Back when I used to sail, it was anathema to bring a watch on board (however, was so in tune with the sky then, could read the sun and give you the TOD within 5 minutes - a lost skill, without keeping it sharp).

8IA3zFd.jpg

there are a few more - a saddle can only fit so many
The Orient on the left was my Christmas present to me, when my old $100 Mako bit the dust (a trip to a watchmaker for cleaning would cost more than the watch). But the Beast hacks to 4 seconds/day accuracy, not bad for a mechanical watch (this $400 watch has the same movement as their $2000 saturation diver).

the two oldies again
xdfoCiD.jpg
Mvj6uXV.jpg

Last edited:

Cory

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
You have a great idea for a thread here (and a beauty watch), in that, I love watches and love bikes, and get this part.
But I try to keep them separate as much as possible - only wear a watch on a bike when I'm plugging a bike ride into a watch-day schedule.
Back when I used to sail, it was anathema to bring a watch on board (however, was so in tune with the sky then, could read the sun and give you the TOD within 5 minutes - a lost skill, without keeping it sharp).

View attachment 819260
there are a few more - a saddle can only fit so many
The Orient on the left was my Christmas present to me, when my old $100 Mako bit the dust (a trip to a watchmaker for cleaning would cost more than the watch). But the Beast hacks to 4 seconds/day accuracy, not bad for a mechanical watch (this $400 watch has the same movement as their $2000 saturation diver).

the two oldies again
View attachment 819261 View attachment 819262
Great watch addiction you got going there! Omg that OMEGA!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

the tinker

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I sold this Schwinn to fellow Caber Neanderthal last year, and I now wish I had it back. It had the ultra-rare " Schwinn Cross brace clockometer" on it. Very handy for keeping track of time while riding. When I bought this bike, I was told that Jesse Owens, the Olympic track champion used the bike during the 1935 Olympics in Germany. It helped him time his running. He had a smiling Ava Braum riding the bike alongside him while he ran, with her timing him.
004.jpg