When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What were the Schwinn color schemes in 1948?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ballooney

I live for the CABE
I'm looking to restore a 1948 BA107 Autocycle that had been repainted previously and am wondering what color combinations would have been appropriate for that year? In peeling back the current paint job, it's clear that the bike was bead blasted as there are no remnants of original paint. So, I have options...

I have a 1948 B-6 that has original dark green and pea green with red pinstripes on it. Probably doesn't help you though since yours is an Autocycle?

I have a dealers' brochure with the color combinations, I'll scanned it and post it for you tonight. In the mean time there are usually traces of the original paint inside the bottom bracket, or inside the head tube that may help you with a color reference.

Thanks for the posts. I've sent vintage schwinn an email regarding color schemes... I'll keep hunting down pictures as well. I have a breakdown of all the '48 BF Goodrich Schwinn built bikes but I don't think it's all of the potential colors offered for that year. Thanks again.

I found this in another brochure...unfortunately no color reference.

Attachments

• Schwinn.jpg
    Schwinn.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 100
Back