When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you like to see reproduced ??

-

Evans200

I live for the CABE
In Memoriam
Most of us search for original parts for our bikes, but sometimes certain items are difficult to come by. If there are items you'd like to see made again, post them here for everyone to see. I'm hoping that "maybe" if enough interest is created for certain parts, those with the talent that read these posts might start re-popping some things.

I'd like to see these three goodies made again. I have others in mind, but we'll start small:

1. JC Higgins Batwing headlight. I know these were re-popped years ago. For the life of me, I don't understand why these aren't being made anymore. Originals cost a fortune, there HAS to be a profitable market here.

2. Wingo hubcaps. Same as item #1.

3. Rocket-L handlebar grips. NOS ones are extremely costly when they turn up, which is hardly ever. And used ones always have the fins worn off. I just think these grips are cool as can be. If I had the know how to make these, I'd start today and a river of cash would flow my way!

s-l400.jpg
antique-bicycle-wingo-hub-cap-set_1_27531eb1caebb52804c7f58f00482dcf.jpg
CAM00280_zpsaf4ac167.jpg

Most of us search for original parts for our bikes, but sometimes certain items are difficult to come by. If there are items you'd like to see made again, post them here for everyone to see. I'm hoping that "maybe" if enough interest is created for certain parts, those with the talent that read these posts might start re-popping some things.

I'd like to see these three goodies made again. I have others in mind, but we'll start small:

1. JC Higgins Batwing headlight. I know these were re-popped years ago. For the life of me, I don't understand why these aren't being made anymore. Originals cost a fortune, there HAS to be a profitable market here.

2. Wingo hubcaps. Same as item #1.

3. Rocket-L handlebar grips. NOS ones are extremely costly when they turn up, which is hardly ever. And used ones always have the fins worn off. I just think these grips are cool as can be. If I had the know how to make these, I'd start today and a river of cash would flow my way!

View attachment 391333 View attachment 391334 View attachment 391335
I'm with you, buddy. Scarcity does make prices go up! Yup, if we had the know how and materials to reproduce these parts, we'd be heroes in the vintage bike world and sipping tropical drinks on our own private islands!

I had a '53? I believe, Color Flow or Regal Deluxe.Not sure what it was called. It was original except it had 1930's doorbell in the tank,lol.It actually sounded pretty cool.Anyway,It was missing the batwing.I found a repop locally for some crazy price and bought it.Well,It didnt take long to realize why most of them went missing decades earlier. Murray obviously never tried the kickstand with batteries in the batwing. It didnt work. The bike would crash down and most likely break the batwing.I luckily caught my bike from crashing down a few times, then wised up and removed the batteries. The seller agreed to take back the light and give me a refund,that was really cool of him.They were probably in high demand. He also informed me the problem I had was indeed why the original batwing lights are so scarce. I sold the bike to a guy in Indiana years ago.I wonder if he bought one of those batwings?

I have a 53 Color Flow. I kind of gave up on finding a Batwing, so I put a Rocket Ray on the fender that I painted to match and added a chrome stripe to. I'd be pleased as punch to replace it with a Batwing. You're right about the weight of a Batwing with the batteries installed. Once the front wheel turns, the bike is guaranteed to tip over, and the Batwing is guaranteed to break. Somebody out there has the means to make these, and I'm certain a market exists, so the question remains, what are they waiting for???
11903924_953522271377720_8386097328617492098_n.jpg

good idea
here are some parts I would like to see reproduced
1. Troxel toolbox seats
Troxel.jpg

2. The Christy saddle PAT.1895 .... Even better, the racing model .... Wow
christy1.jpg
christy2.jpg

3. Foot pegs
TOC standers.jpg

4. 1 or more professional old school pin-stripper per city with 100,000 + population
pin-stripper.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 53 Color Flow. I kind of gave up on finding a Batwing, so I put a Rocket Ray on the fender that I painted to match and added a chrome stripe to. I'd be pleased as punch to replace it with a Batwing. You're right about the weight of a Batwing with the batteries installed. Once the front wheel turns, the bike is guaranteed to tip over, and the Batwing is guaranteed to break. Somebody out there has the means to make these, and I'm certain a market exists, so the question remains, what are they waiting for???
View attachment 391337

I bought mine 20+ years ago from Chestnut Hollow in Almont or Bruce Twp Mi. He probably has one but be prepared for the price..... I just realized we're neighbors and they're just up VanDyke from you.You probably already checked with those guys?

Do you guys have a garage or shed by the Doctors office and Main Street Tavern? I talked with a couple of cool guys last summer that had a few bikes on display in the yard

Do you guys have a garage or shed by the Doctors office and Main Street Tavern? I talked with a couple of cool guys last summer that had a few bikes on display in the yard
LOL, that was my son and I. Small world. We are the "cool guys" who had my bikes on display in the front yard, probably during the Peach Festival.
14192028_1182757508454194_6119774813911533690_n (1).jpg

Back